SCI Cannabusiness 101: The Fundamentals
Prepare for a Career in the Cannabis Industry.
Ohio is the 25th state to adopt a medical marijuana law that will allow patients to use and purchase medical cannabis cultivated and processed in-state. Launch your cannabis career and get ready to grow and succeed in this pioneering new market through SCI’s Cannabusiness 101 Ohio seminar, where you’ll learn first-hand from industry experts about the legal, business and job opportunities made possible through this landmark legislation.
Students who complete The Science of Cannabis Institute’s immersive Cannabusiness OHIO Certification Courses will be ready to start their own business or work in any number of cannabis-related jobs —from cultivation to processing to product development to retail.
- Learn from business insiders and entrepreneurs with years of experience and proven success in the industry.
- Hear unique perspectives and real-life stories of what it takes to make it (or not) in the world of legal weed.
- Become part of a national community of professionals who share a passion for cannabis and its incredible business potential–in Ohio and beyond!
Cannabusiness 101: The Fundamentals-Discovery & Planning
Ohio is the 25th state to adopt a workable medical marijuana law, opening a floodgate of opportunity for well-trained, certified cannabis professionals. Now is the time to get the education you need to succeed in a career in Ohio’s newest growth industry, and The Science of Cannabis is here to help.
Cannabusiness 101-The Fundamentals provides students with the basic knowledge and qualifications needed to get a job in the industry. Topics include the history of cannabis and the industry at large, an overview of medical marijuana products and benefits, retail production and processing job tips, and Ohio’s evolving legal cannabis legislation, including the new regulations being announced on September 8, 2016.
SCI’s Cannabusiness 101 seminar gives you the essential information you need to get a start in the industry and a solid understanding of job opportunities in the Ohio market. At the completion of Cannabusiness 101, you will receive a Cannabusiness 101 Course Completion Certificate to share with potential employers.
Cannabusiness 101 is taught by experienced industry insiders with proven success in both the medical and recreational markets. Instructors include Allen Stein, president of SCI and an industry consultant focused on cannabis-related startups; Eric Swaney, a commercial grower and Tier 3 producer/processor in Washington State; Tyler Markwart, a nationally renowned breeder specializing in low-input, biodynamic, and integrated pest management production systems; Andy Joseph, president of Apeks Supercritical, a Johnstown, Ohio-based manufacturer of high-end botanical oil extraction systems; Dr. James Lathrop, a medical marijuana physician and founder of Washington’s first recreational retail store; and well-known Ohio attorney and cannabis entrepreneur and activist Don E. Wirtshafter.
Cannabusiness 101 gives you the basics you need to get started in the industry and earn a solid understanding of cannabusiness opportunities in Ohio.
- History of Cannabis and the Industry At Large
- Medical Marijuana Products, Conditions & Benefits
- Ohio’s Legal Landscape: State and Feds, Permitting, Compliance, Penalties, Current & Proposed Laws
- Commercial Cannabis Production: Property/Land Requirements, Indoor & Outdoor, Facility Design & Equipment Basics, Sustainability, Potency & Yields
- Processing Overview: Different Methods & Equipment
- Retail Dispensaries: Inventory, Security, Finance, Taxes, Staffing & Training
At the completion of Cannabusiness 101, you will have earned a fundamental knowledge of Ohio’s burgeoning medical marijuana industry and be prepared to get into the cannabis industry. All students successfully completing the course receive The SCI Cannabusiness 101 Certificate and discounts for our 201 classes.
Get Educated. Get Certified. Get to Work.
Launch Your Career with The Science of Cannabis Institute.